August Drill Sunday NOTE LOCATION CHANGE!
Time & Location
About The Event
- 0745 Morning Muster (NWU and ID Card)
- NO EXCUSES. ALL CADETS PLEASE BRING YOUR SEA BAG WITH ALL CLEANED UNIFORMS GIVEN TO YOU AS WELL AS YOUR RIBBON RACK.
- Morning Colors – Recite Sea Cadet Oath and Sailor’s Creed (bring a copy to read from if you do not know this)
- 0830 Change into PT gear
- 0840 Lined up and ready for PT
- 0945 Hydration break, change back into NWU
- 1000- 1115 Military bearing, drilling and marching
- 1120- 1230 Prepare for chow, wash up, clean up from chow, uniform check Lunch will be provided today.
- 1230- 1330 Instructions- flag folding
- 1330- 1430 Parents- if you would like to hear from some of our cadets about their trainings and experiences this summer, please come at this time
- 1430- 1500 Clean up and prepare for dismissal
- 1450 Parents arrive to pick up cadets arrive by 2:50pm.
ATTENTION ON DECK– ALL HANDS
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND, ASAP!
Make sure you bring your coursework to drill in case there is any time “down time” to work on it.
Make sure that you have your POD and Chain of Command on you at ALL TIMES.
Standing orders are set by the Commanding Officer. Cadets must follow these orders. If a cadet fails to follow the standing orders, the violation is considered a breach of discipline and the cadet will be subject to disciplinary action.
1. Your USNSCC ID card must be on you at all times while on drill site and in uniform or during any drill period including travel. If your ID card has been lost or destroyed, let your chain of command know at morning muster.
2. Cadets may not operate motor vehicles with other non-family Cadets while on drill site.
3. No Cadet may leave drill for any reason, including with adult supervision, without permission of the Command Officer.
4. Minimum cadet involvement is as follows:
a. Minimum attendance is 75% of scheduled drills. Missing more than 25% of drills over a 12-month period is cause for termination from the program.
i. All absences, especially pre-planned absences, must be reported to the cadet’s chain of command.
5. Cadets will arrive at drill, in proper uniform enforced by MAA.
6. Cell phones will be confiscated at Morning Muster and will be returned after dismissal.
7. Cadets will maintain proper military bearing at all times and observe all military customs and courtesies.
8. Cadets will use their proper chain of command for any and all communication.