14 April Drill
Time & Location
About The Event
PLAN OF THE DAY
14 APRIL 2018
PLEASE BRING WATER FILLED CAMELBAK
- 0745 Morning Muster (NWU and ID Card)
- 0750 Morning Colors – Recite Sea Cadet Oath and Sailor’s Creed
- 0800-0830 Chain of Command and Rank Structure
- 0830-0840 Change into PT Gear
- 0840-1000 PT and Make-up PRT
- 1000-1030 Walk back up to conference room, change into NWU’s
- 1030-1245 Instruction for Homeport, NOTS, and how to search for summer trainings. PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO COME FOR THIS PORTION
- 1245-1300 Clean up and get ready for dismissal at LPD Monument.
- BRING YOUR COMPUTERS OR TABLETS (If you have one)
- BRING NOTEBOOK, PEN/PENCIL
1300 Parents arrive. Cadets will meet you outside in parking area.
UNIFORM OF THE DAY DUTY SECTION
ATTENTION ON DECK– ALL HANDS
• IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND, ASAP!
• Make sure you bring your coursework to drill in case there is any time “down time” to work on it.
• Make sure that you have your POD and Chain of Command on you at ALL TIMES and know what is in it!
Standing orders are set by the Commanding Officer. Cadets must follow these orders. If a cadet fails to follow the standing
orders, the violation is considered a breach of discipline and the cadet will be subject to disciplinary action.
1. Your USNSCC ID card must be on you at all times while on drill site and in uniform or during any drill period including travel. If your ID
card has been lost or destroyed, let your chain of command know at morning muster.
2. Cadets may not operate motor vehicles with other non-family Cadets while on drill site.
3. No Cadet may leave drill for any reason, including with adult supervision, without permission of the Command Officer.
4. Minimum cadet involvement is as follows:
a. Minimum attendance of 75% of scheduled drills. Missing more than 25% of drills over a 12-month period is cause for
termination from the program.
i. All absences, especially pre-planned absences, must be reported to the cadet’s chain of command. Normally, this is done
by email or telephone several days prior to the drill weekend. If the report is made via email, the report should be
addressed to their chain of command.
5. Completion of at least one (1) summer training per year, Completion of at least one (1) Coursework.
6. Cadets will arrive at drill, in proper uniform enforced by MAA.
7. Cell phones will be confiscated at Morning Muster and will be returned after dismissal.
8. Cadets will maintain proper military bearing at all times and observe all military customs and courtesies.
9. Cadets will use their proper chain of command for any and all communication.
Command Duty Officer TBD
Watch Section TBD
E-7 and Above: NWU/Alternative
E-6 and Below: NWU/Bring PT Gear